This Bar Cookie recipe is great for caramel lovers with its rich taste and simple preparation.
: 20 mins
: 20 mins
- 9X13 baking tin
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Medium Saucepan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 14 ounces caramel squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt caramels and heavy cream over low heat, stir until smooth
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter and blend well.
- Line baking tin with foil and place half the mixture crust into it. Spread across the bottom.
- Place baking tin in oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with butterscotch chips and nuts; pour the caramel and cream mixture over the crust.
- Crumble the other half of the mixture crust on top and press into the caramel layer.
- Return baking tin to oven and bake for another 12 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling before cutting out your squares.