Looking for cookies that are delicious, chewy, and slightly crispy on the outside and gooey inside? Look no further as this chewy cookie recipe with a hint of chocolate is what you’re looking for.
: 15 mins, 1 hr chill time
: 10 to 15 mins
- Cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie scooper
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon (fresh) baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sift and combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine melted butter and sugars, creaming mixture until smooth.
- Add egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla to butter mixture and blend well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and use cookie scooper to drop batter onto cookie sheet 2” apart.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.