When you are on the go and you want a treat that you can take with you anywhere for lunch or an outing think about making some Cowboy cookies. Not only are they delicious but within a couple minutes you can have it prepared, baked and be heading out the door to share it with your friends while you are having a good time. Just follow these instructions and within minutes you’ll be making your first set of cowboy cookies. Your friends might even be impressed with your baking skills.
- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Mixing bowl & Electric Mixer
- Baking sheet
- Apron and gloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Turn on the oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and let it preheat the oven to about
- Grease the baking sheet with the oil.
- Use a strainer to sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in one bowl
- Then pour out the butter, granulated and brown sugar into the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to cream it out until it becomes soft and creamy. If you don’t have an electric mixer you can use the spoon, it will just take a little longer than usual.
- Start adding the eggs into the mixture one at a time and then put in the vanilla and stir.
- Then gradually start putting in the dry mixture (the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder) and continue to stir it in the mixture
- Then put in the chocolate chips and oats and stir it up more.
- Use the spoon to spread out the cookies on the baking sheet and allow it to stay in the oven for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- When the cookies are done baked, take them out and allow it to cool for about 15 – 20 minutes before you start eating.