Whether you are allergic to eggs or not eating them is apart of your vegan diet or lifestyle you can still find creative ways of baking your favourite cookies which normally would need eggs as one of its main ingredients. The cookies can be made with the same quality and taste as if the cookies weren’t missing a thing. Use this article as your guide to achieving a perfectly egg free cookie.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Cookie sheet
- Cookie cutter
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Medium sized bowl
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F and allow it to preheat.
- Place the flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg into the medium sized bowl and mix them out together with the spoon.
- Put the sugar and butter into the mixing bowl and cream them out with the electric mixer.
- When the sugar and butter mixes out, add the dry ingredients such as the flour etc, until they are fully incorporated into the mix and the dough forms. This batter should make about 2 dozen cookies (24 cookies)
- Take the dough and put it into the refrigerator for about 1 – 2 hours until it chills.
- If at this point you would like to make the cookies with different colours, then divide the dough and add the food colouring of your choice.
- Use some flour and sugar to cover a board surface in your kitchen and roll the dough out onto it until it becomes ½ inch thick.
- Use the cookie cutter and cut out the cookies and place them onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle sugar on the top of them if you desire.
- Place the cookies into the oven for about 8 – 10 minutes and monitor it until it is completely baked.
- Once the cookies are done, take them out and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes and then persons can start eating.