French Cookies are known to be fun, light and delicious. These cookies are ideal for serving on any occasion; they are simply bite size and melt in your mouth. Follow these instructions from this article to make your very own French Cookies
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Mixing bowl & electric mixer
- Large Bowl
- Baking sheet
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of pastry flour (or 1¾ cups of hard wheat flour)
- ½ cup of butter
- ¼ teaspoon of mace
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of almonds
- Chop up all the almonds.
- Add the butter and sugar into the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to cream it out.
- Once the batter starts to cream out, start adding in the eggs until it mixes in.
- Use the mace to sift the flour and then gradually add the flour to the batter. When you start putting in the last set of flour, add the baking powder into the mix and when that mixes out, add the almonds.
- Let the batter chill, shape it into a roll and then allow it to chill overnight again. Then Cut the dough into thin slices.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F and let the oven preheat.
- Place the batter onto buttered baking sheets and let it bake for 15 – 20 minutes while you monitor it.
- When the cookies are done baked and are crispy take it out the oven and let it cool.