It’s a special day and you want to make a something special snack for your significant other. Try expanding your creativity and attempt something you have never tried before, make a heart shaped cookie. On Valentine’s day make these cookies and surprise your lover, the effort taken to make this great gift will be greatly appreciated.
- 10 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Cookies sheet
- Cookie cutter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of butter
- ¾ cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Turn the oven on to 375 degrees F and allow the oven to preheat.
- Place the butter, the granulated and brown sugar and the peanut butter into the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to cream out the mixture.
- Slowly add the eggs and vanilla into the mixing bowl, while the electric mixer is on a slow speed.
- Mix the baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix them together. Take this and add it to the creamed mixture and stir it in.
- Grease the cookie sheet and then use the spoon to drop pieces of the batter to form the cookies onto the cookie sheets. Then make the hatch marks into the Heart cookies by using a dinner fork or using your hands.
- Put the cookie sheet into the oven and let it bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- When the cookies are baked, used the cookie cutter to cut out the heart shape. The cookies can be shaped out before they are placed in the oven but it is normally easier to shape out after it is baked.