Horse cookies are given to horses as treats. There are various forms and ways of making horse cookies. For this article we will use a carrot and apple horse cookies.
- 20 minutes
- 2½ hours
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Apron and gloves
- 1 cup of molasses
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1 cup of flax seed
- 1 cup of sweet feed
- 2 cups of bran Links
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 4 large carrots
- Have the carrots shredded into small pieces.
- Place the brown sugar, molasses, applesauce and carrots into a bowl and mix them out together.
- Then place the sweet feed and bran into another bowl and mix them out.
- Start putting in the dry ingredients (feed and bran) into the sugar and molasses mix so that it forms into a thick dough.
- Use aluminum foil to line up the baking sheet and use a tablespoon to gather the cookie batch and place the cookies onto the sheet. Flatten them and make them into small sized cookies about the size of coins.
- Turn on the oven to about 300 degrees F and allow it to preheat and then put in the cookies. Let it bake for about an hour on one side. While the cookies are being baked, constantly keep an eye on them to prevent them from burning.
- When the first side of the cookies are done turn the cookies around and let the other side bake for about 45 minutes until the cookies are dried out.
- When the cookies are done being baked, take them out and allow them to cool off so you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.