This Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe yields chunks of chewiness.
: 10 mins
: 8 to 10 mins
- Cookie sheets
- Measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Rounded tablespoon
- Wire rack
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream shortening or butter, then add sugars and cream mixture until very light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture: baking soda, salt and flour.
- Mix in the oatmeal until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and blend until completely dispersed.
- Use round tablespoon to drop dough batter onto greased cookie sheet.
- Space at least 1” apart
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown and remove from oven.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before moving to wired rack.
For more information on Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe read:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Originally posted 2009-09-18 10:10:36.
Leave a Reply