Originating from Scotland Shortbread cookies are one of the oldest cookies around. They are easy, with a wonderful buttery flavor and will absolutely melt in your mouth if done the right way.
- 3 hrs 15 mins
- 30 mins
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Plastic wrap
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup fine sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour and mix with sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add butter and combine with flour mixture using a fork.
- Dough is ready until its consistency is that of short crust.
- Sprinkle rolling surface with flour and knead dough with hands until its smooth.
- Place dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for 3 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and shape into 8 balls.
- Place balls onto lined cookie sheet and flatten them using fork horizontally and vertically.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool.