It is your family or your friend’s wedding day and you want to surprise them with a treat, the cake is a must but you would like to throw in something unexpected try baking them a wedding cookie. This treat will excite their taste buds and will leave the guest asking for more. Group up with friends and your kitchen tools and start baking your wedding cookies.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl & electric mixer
- Large Bowl
- 1 cup of butter
- ½ cup of powdered sugar (plus extra sugar for dusting)
- 2¼ cup of flour
- ¾ cup of chopped toasted nuts
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- If you didn’t buy the nuts already toasted, turn the oven onto 400 degrees F and bake them for about 8 minutes. Shake the nuts after the first 4 minutes and rotate them.
- Place the sugar, butter and vanilla into the mixing bowl and cream them out with the electric mixer.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the mixing bowl and cream them out until the batch becomes light and fluffy.
- Slowly and gradually start adding the flour, the salt and nuts to the mixing bowl and continue to cream out the mixture until it becomes evenly blended.
- Take the mixture and place it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Turn the oven on to about 400 degrees F and let it preheat. Then roll the dough into small balls about an inch in diameter and place it into the ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and let the cookies bake for about a10 – 15 minutes until it becomes light golden brown.
- Take the cookies out and allow them to cool off. Then sprinkle sugar over the cookies.