- 45 mins
- 5 mins
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Plastic wrap
- Cookie cutters
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar to a creamy mixture.
- Add egg and vanilla, stir into creamy mixture thoroughly.
- Add flour to mixture until dough is formed.
- Place dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle rolling surface with flour. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out to ¼” thick.
- Cut dough into desired shape using cookie cutter and place the pieces onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool.