Instead of heading to the store to buy some cookies, why not spend some time at and create a home-made masterpiece – Chinese cookies. Nothing beats the sensation of freshly baked Chinese cookies, fresh out the oven. You will be satisfied that you took the time and you and your family will enjoy it.
- 10 – 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Mixing Bowl and electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Apron and gloves
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups of shortening
- 1½ cups of white sugar
- 3½ cups of cake flour
- ½ cup of ground walnuts
- 1 ¼ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate fudge frosting
- Turn on the oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and let it preheat.
- Put the sugar and shortening in the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to cream them out. When it is fully creamed out, put in the egg in the mixing bowl and beat it out and then add in the vanilla.
- In the large bowl add the cake flour, baking soda and salt and mix them together with the spoon. Once this is done add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture to form a thick dough.
- When the dough is finally formed out, use your hands to start rolling it out and into the ground nuts. Then wrap the dough and then allow it to chill until it becomes firm.
- Use butter to grease the baking sheet
- Take the dough and unwrap it and then cut it into slices of about ½ inch and place it on the baking sheets.
- Use your gloves to hold the baking sheet and place it in the oven. Let it bake in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once it is done baked, remove it from the oven (with your gloves) and allow it to cool. Once it is done cooled, you can cover the top center of the cookie with chocolate fudge icing.