Lemon Lime cookies are unique and perfect for the Christmas Holidays. Your cookies will stand out from the rest with their pure citrusy flavors and aroma.
- 20 mins
- 10 mins
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheets
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment sheet
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon and lime zests and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add lemon and lime juices to beaten egg yolks
- Add 2 1/2 cups flour to mix and combine.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6. Grease cookie sheets
- Use a rounded tablespoon to measure out dough into 1” balls.
- Place dough balls onto greased cookie sheets and space 2” apart.
- Coat a flat and rounded glass bottom object with flour and use it to flatten out dough balls 1/4” thick.
- Place cookie sheets in oven and bake cookies for 10 minutes or until edges are crisp and cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies from oven and place on a parchment sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with the remaining sugar and allow cooling.