Cranberries are usually preferred eaten fresh or in the form of juices, today we will explore this exotic fruit in a baked form. This article will give you the details how we can use cranberry which is high in antioxidants along with the fiber rich oats as the main ingredients to make a delicious cranberry oatmeal cookie. This treat will give you a spectacular twist between taste and nutrition.
- 15 minutes
- 10 – 15 minutes
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl & electric mixer
- Large Bowl
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of fresh frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of quick cook oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- Make sure the butter is softened and place it in the mixing bowl, and use the electric mixer to beat it until it is creamy.
- Start adding in the sugar, while the electric mixer is still beating and then slowly add in the eggs and the vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and the salt together with the spoon in a large bowl, when all the ingredients in the mixing bowl are mixed out, slowly start to stir in half of the dry ingredients and beat them in.
- When all the previous ingredients are mixed, add the oats, raisins, cranberries, white chocolate chips and orange peel.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease the baking sheet and use the spoon to drop the cookies onto the baking sheet, this should make about 5 – 6 dozen cookies. Then place the baking sheet into the oven and let it bake for 10 – 15 minutes and monitor the cookies.
- Take the cookies out when they are lightly brown and allow them to cool.