Eggnog cookies use the flavorful element of eggnog to make these cookies tasty and exciting. If you have never made or had an eggnog cookie for yourself now is the time to try it. Make it and invite your friends over to have a bite, they won’t regret it and neither will you.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Mixing bowl & electric mixer
- Large Bowl
- Baking sheet
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup of eggnog (purchased)
- ¾ cup of butter
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups of granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Turn the oven on to 300 degrees F and allow it to preheat.
- Put the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon in the large bowl and use the whisk to mix them together.
- Then put the sugar and butter in the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to cream them out together.
- When they are properly creamed out start, adding the eggnog, egg yolks and vanilla one by one with the mixer on medium speed until they mix out into the cream until the batter becomes smooth.
- Now put the mixer on slow and gradually start putting in the flour mixture and beat it in until everything blends well together.
- When the mix is thick and creamy, use the spoon and add the cookie mixture onto the baking sheets and sprinkle it with a little nutmeg. This should give you about 36 cookies.
- Let the cookies stay in the oven and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes, monitor the cookies while they are in the process of baking.
- When they are lightly brown and are done being baked, take it from the oven and allow the cookies to cool off. If you want you can sprinkle the cookies with a little nutmeg.