Cookies are normally associated with having high sugar content that leads to fat and gaining weight. What fiber cookies offers on the other hand is a twist between maintaining the good taste of a regular cookie while providing your body with a large amount of fiber which is nutritious to your health. Fiber is a great nutrient for helping your digestive system to work more effectively and lowering your cholesterol which allows your body to absorb food better and reduce the risk of heart disease and other diseases. So next time you want to have a cookie without having to concentrate too much on its effect on your weight and other health issues try making a Fiber Cookie.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- 2 Large bowls
- Aluminum foil
- Wire rack
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of oat bran
- 1 cup of Kellogg’s bran flakes
- 1 cup of fiber
- 1 cup of seedless raisins
- 1 cup of chopped English walnuts
- 1 cup of margarine (or 2 sticks)
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the oat bran, rolled oats, fiber one, bran flakes, raisins and walnuts in the large bowl and use the spoon to mix them together.
- Put the sugar and margarine in the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer at medium speed to cream them out.
- Gradually add in the egg whites into the creamed mixture and then the vanilla, use the spoon to scrape the bowl before and after the egg whites.
- Put the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into one bowl and mix them out together.
- Put the mixer on low speed and then take the dry ingredients and add it to the cream mixture and also some water.
- Continue to add bran mixture to the creamed mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Use the aluminum foil to line up the cookie sheet or use butter or cooking spray to base it.
- Use the spoon to add the batter to the cookie sheet and place the cookie sheet into the oven for about 12 – 14 minutes until it baked or lightly browned.
- When the cookies are done baked take them out and allow the cookies to cool for about a minute and then place them onto the wire rack.