You have a little extra time on your hands and you feel like baking something cute for yourself or a loved one, why not make some kiss cookies. They are fun to make and you will enjoy spreading the Hershey candies all over them. This article provides you will all the details needed to make them so proceed.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Cookie sheet
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of shortening
- ¾ cups of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon of milk
- A pack of Hershey kisses (9 oz.)
- Place the sugar, peanut butter and shortening into the mixing bowl and cream them out together with the electric mixer.
- Gradually add the egg, milk and vanilla to the batch and beat them together
- Then mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a different bowl and add it to the creamed mixture in the mixing bowl and mix them together.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- When the mixture forms into the dough, use your hands to create some 1 inch balls and then roll them into the granulated sugar. This mixture should make about 4 dozen cookies.
- Place the cookies into the baking sheet and then into the oven for 10 minutes to bake. Be sure to monitor the cookies so they don’t overstay their time in the oven.
- When the cookies are baked, take them out and put the Hershey kisses on the top of each cookie and press them down onto them so that the cookie cracks around the edges.