Lemon cookies are the perfect accessories for summer fun! They make the perfect treat for any cookie lover.
: 10 mins, 2 to 3 hrs chill time
: 15 mins
- Mixer and mixing bowl
- Cookie sheets
- Plastic wrap
- Measuring cup
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth
- Add egg, lemon juice, lemon peel and beat until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and gradually add this mixture to the butter mixture at low speed. Blend well.
- Separate dough into two halves. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into 1/4” thick slices and place on greased cookie sheet 1” apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on wired rack to cool.