The use of lime is normally associated with the making of beverages, mainly lemonade. It is also used in many homes for cleaning purposes; however the uses of the lime fruit exceeds its perceived limitation and can be utilized in a way that offers a creative spin, outside the norm. This article will demonstrate how an everyday fruit like lime can be used for making a cookie that will leave you asking for more. Follow the step by step process and make a savory, sweet treat.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Cookie sheet
- Small sized and medium sized bowl
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Wire rack
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of grated lime rind
- ½ teaspoon of grated lemon rind
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Put the sugar and butter into the mixing bowl and start to cream them out with the electric mixer.
- Put the eggs into the small bowl and use the whisk to beat them out and gradually add it to the mixing bowl while the electric mixer is at work.
- Use the strainer to sift the baking powder, salt and flour out into the medium sized bowl.
- Then gradually add the dry ingredient to the creamed mixture while mixing so it slowly incorporates and then add the lime juice and continue to beat the mixture together.
- Now add the lime and lemon rind.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F and allow it to preheat.
- Grease the cookie sheet with about a teaspoon of oil and add the cookies into it. This batter should make you about 80 cookies.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven for 8 – 10 minutes to bake and monitor it.
- When the cookies are properly baked, take them out the oven to cool about 5 minutes and then place it onto the wire rack to cool.
- When the cookies are properly cooled, you can sprinkle sugar onto it if you wish.