Madeleine cookies are small sized scallop shaped cookies that packs a large taste. These cookies are more popular known and enjoyed by the French people along with their tea. They are easy to make and can be prepared and cooked in a short space of time.
- 10 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Mixing Bowl and electric mixer
- Madeleine tray
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 6 tablespoon of butter
- Preheat the oven to about 375 degrees F. then melt the butter out and then allow it to cool.
- Grease the Madeleine tray
- Place the sugar, the vanilla, eggs and half of the milk into the mixing bowl and beat them out together with the electric mixer until the mixture becomes thick.
- Place the baking powder and flour together in the large bowl and then add this slowly to the previous mixture while mixing it out until it becomes smooth.
- Continue to stir the mix and add the butter plus the remaining milk.
- When the mix gains consistency with all the ingredients, use a spoon to place the mix into each of the Madeleine tray molds. This batter should make about 2 dozen Madeleine cookies. Use your gloves and place it into the oven
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes, while monitoring it and take it out when it’s done and allow it to cool off.
- If you wish you can add other things to your Madeleine cookies to bring out the flavor such as lemon zest or orange.