It’s you daily snack time or tea time and you want something that will compliment your main treat, try a home-made moon cookie. These cookies are probably one of the easiest cookies to make and requires very little equipment however it does not fall short on results. If you don’t happen to be a kitchen savvy individual but would still like to take advantage of a delicious treat try this recipe for a scrumptious moon cookie.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Cookie sheet
- Cooling rack
- 1 egg yolk
- 1¼ cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 2 drops of almond extract
- Put all the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl, the flour and sugar and mix them together with a spoon. Then add the butter and egg yolks.
- Use your hands to work in the ingredients until it forms the dough. This dough should make about 18 cookies.
- Turn the oven on to 325 degrees F and allow it to preheat.
- Use your hands and roll pieces of the dough to shape and form out the cookies and place it onto the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven for 20 minutes to bake while you monitor its progress.
- When the cookies are done being baked, take them out the oven to cool for about 5 minutes and then onto the cooling rack. When they are cool enough they will be ready for serving.