Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread that has a sweet flavor and when integrated into a baked form like a cookie, it makes it all the more interesting to eat and leave persons asking for more. If you have never had the chance to snack on this treat, run to the supermarket and grab some nutella and follow these instructions to make your own Nutella Cookie, you won’t be disappointed.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cooling racks
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup of Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup of toasted & skinned hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
- 7 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F and let it preheat.
- Put the butter, both brown sugar and granulated sugar into the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to cream them out.
- Slowly add in the egg, the nutella and then the vanilla extract into the mixing bowl.
- Use the strainer to sift the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda together in the large bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter and sugar batter and mix them out. Once they are mixed out, add the chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Line up the baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use the spoon to shape out the cookies onto the baking sheet and put the cookies into the oven for about 11 minutes to bake and continue to monitor it during this process. This mixture should make about 30 cookies.
- When the baking is completed, take the cookies out and let them cool for 5 minutes before placing them onto the cooling racks.