Delicious and healthy, oatmeal cookies are the perfect treat. Keep your kids’ hands and mouths busy with this easy recipe.
- 1 hour 15 mins
- 8 to 10 mins
- * 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Nuts or raisins
- Measuring cup
- Cookie sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Cooling rack
- Plastic wrap/ waxed paper
- Place white sugar, butter, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix together. Beat in eggs one at a time, and then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, and then gradually stir into the mixture.
- Mix in oats. If you are using nuts or raisins, mix into dough, combining well. Presoak raisins in hot water.
- Cover dough in plastic or wax paper and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on greased cookie sheets (if you like your cookies crisp use a fork to flatten them before putting in oven). Ensure they are at least 2” apart.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake.
- Remove cookies from oven using spatula and allow cooling a few minutes before placing on wired rack for further cooling.