The orange is a fruit that has been enjoyed for many years in many households; whether it is peeled and eaten or its juice is extracted to make a refreshing glass of orange juice most would admit that it is essential to their everyday life. However there is a different degree to which the orange can be used to bring out its flavor in another spectacular way and that is by making orange cookies. These cookies use the orange to bring out its flavor to life in a baked form, while still garnering its taste and health values. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed while eating a freshly baked orange cookie.
- 10 minutes
- 10 – 15 minutes
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Apron and Baking gloves
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of sugar
- Turn on the oven to about 300 degrees F and allow it to preheat.
- Place the sugar, butter and eggs in the mixing bowl and start mixing them out with the electric mixer.
- Once the mixture starts to gain a creamy form, gradually start adding the orange juice to the mixture.
- Place the flour and baking soda together into another bowl to mix the dry ingredients, once they are mixed out and ready, add this to the previous mixture.
- When the mix is creamy and smooth, use the spoon to place the cookies on the baking dish
- Place the baking dish into the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes and allow it to bake. It is advised to keep an eye on them while they bake.
- When they are done, use your gloves and take out the baking sheet and leave the cookies out to cool. This batch should make about 2 dozen orange cookies. Enjoy!