Peanut butter is a favorite for many food lovers, from peanut butter sandwiches to peanut butter cookies; the squishy goodness is a household choice for many other delectables. With its smooth style, peanut butter is low on sodium and cholesterol while being a great source of protein. Peanut butter cookies are the perfect treat for children and peanut butter lovers are just as excited to dip into their scrumptiousness.
- 3 hrs 10 mins
- 9 to 10 minutes
- Cookie sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cup
- Plastic wrap
- Cooling rack
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Use 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar for reduced sweetness.
- Cream the butter and add brown and white sugar, cream mixture for an additional two minutes. Add peanut butter and eggs to creamed mixture.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and soda together then add to creamed mixture. Stir and fold combined ingredients and until doughy.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Form dough into 1” balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to flatten cookie balls into criss-crossed patterns.
- Ensure cookies are spaced at least 2 inches apart.
- Use spatula to remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack.
For more information on Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe read:
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe