Not everyone is kitchen savvy or has the time to be in the kitchen for lengthy periods at a time; however this should not hinder you from exercising your culinary skills or enjoying your favourite treat. The pillow cookie is a snack that is not only delicious but is easy to make and takes a limited amount of time to create. So use this guide as your tool and just spend a few minutes in the kitchen to make this great pillow cookie.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Cookie sheet
- Cookie press
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2¼ cups of flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 8 Hershey bars
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the sugar and butter into the mixing bowl and cream them out with the electric mixer.
- Then add the egg and vanilla until all the ingredients incorporate and makes the batter light and fluffy. Then gradually mix in the salt and flour to let it form into a dough.
- Use the saw-tooth paste and press the dough through the cookie press onto the cookie sheet.
- Break the Hershey bars into small squares and place them lengthwise onto the strips of dough.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven for 10 minutes to bake.
- When cookies have completed the baking process, use a sharp knife and cut into the cookies between the chocolate squares then allow it to cool and there you have freshly baked pillow cookies. Enjoy!