The Chocolate Chip Cookie originated in the United States and as the name suggest gets its acclaim from using chocolate as its main ingredient. Chocolate chip cookies are good source of energy and are very delicious. It’s a great source of protein and
- 10 – 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Baking sheet
- Apron and gloves
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- 1¾ cup of flour
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Turn on the oven to 375 degrees F and let it preheat.
- Put the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and shortening is placed in the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to beat the mixture together until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Start adding the egg and the vanilla to the mixture and secure that these elements are mixed out.
- Mix the flour, the baking soda and salt together in another bowl and then add it to the creamy mixture and continue to mix it in.
- Once the dough mixture starts to become nice and creamy start adding the chocolate chips to it and stir them together.
- Shape the dough into 2 inch balls and then use the spoon to add the cookies on the baking sheet and place it into the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes. This batch should make about 48 cookies small sized cookies.
- When the cookies are done baked, take them out and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes before you start to eat.