Making food is not only about creating something that taste great but also presenting something that is attractive. Pink cookies are known to be sweet but not only in taste but also in looks, which makes it attractive to purchase, especially on display. But nothing beats when your cookie is freshly home baked and out the oven so take the challenge and use this article and try your hands at making this pink cookie.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Cookie sheet
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Large sized container
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of butter
- 1½ cup of powdered sugar
- 2¾ cups of flour
- ½ cup of shortening
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of lemon flavoring
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cream tarter
- For the icing use
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon of almond flavouring
- 2 teaspoon of meringue topping mix
- Place the sugar and butter into the mixing bowl and cream them out together with the electric mixer.
- Gradually add beat in the egg, cream tarter and vanilla until they are mixed in. Then start adding in the other dry ingredients such as the flour, baking soda, salt, shortening etc to the batch and beat them together until everything is fully incorporates and form the dough.
- Put the dough into a container and let it chill for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the cookies into the cookie sheet and then into the oven and let them bake for about 6 – 8 minutes. Continue to monitor the procedure to make sure the cookies don’t stay over the time and that they don’t get burnt.
- When the cookies are baked, take them out and allow them to cool.
- Now you can mix the powdered sugar, almond flavouring and meringue topping to create the icing and apply it on to the pink cookies.