If there is a way to get your kids to eat pumpkin, it will definitely be with this wonderful Pumpkin cookie recipe. The ingredients alone will get you excited as you anticipate the flavors of such a diverse combination.
: 20 mins
: 18 to 20 mins
- Cookie sheet
- Measuring cup
- Mixer and mixing bowl
- Rounded tablespoon
- Wire rack
- 1 2/3 cups can pumpkin
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup pecan finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat butter until creamy then add, sugars, eggs, maple and vanilla. Combine into a smooth mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon and salt; add dry ingredients to creamy mixture and blend well.
- Add pumpkin and mix well. Fold in ginger, chopped pecans and cloves.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Ensure they are 2” apart.
- Place pecan halves into the center of each cookie and place cookie sheet in oven.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack for cooling.
More Recipes for Pumpkin Cookies