Samoa cookies are nice easy and easy to bake, they make nice snacks for your kids and family who are going off to start a busy day. This article will provide you with all the right tools to make a perfect smaoa cookie.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Wax paper
- Cookie cutter
- Mixing bowl & electric mixer
- Large Bowl
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 cups of toasted coconut
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of Karo light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spread the coconuts into the baking sheet and let it toast for about 5 – 6 minutes. During the process shake and turn the coconuts so the coconuts toast evenly.
- Place the sugar, butter and corn syrup into a 2 quart saucepan and put in onto the stove while the flame is on low heat. Let the ingredients boil out for about 3 minutes while you constantly stir the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Take the milk and slowly pour it into the saucepan and continue to stir the mixture and allow it to cook. Until the thermometer shows that the heat has reached to 220 – 228 degrees.
- Turn off the flames form under the pan and add in the vanilla and the toasted coconuts and mix them in with the spoon.
- Use buttered wax paper to line the baking sheet. Use the spoon to add the mixture into circular shapes onto the sheet and use it again to make a small hole in the center of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool at room temperature, then melt out the chocolate ships and then drizzle it over the cookies until they become hardened.
- When the cookies are complete, store them in a airtight container and into a cool place.