A Spanish cookie has the ability to awaken your taste buds and invigorate your sense. Whenever you are going through a long busy day and you need snack time make sure you have a Spanish cookie close by. Have a seat and enjoy one of these cookies, you won’t be disappointed. On this article we will take you step by step and show you how this baked food can become a part of your lifestyle.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Mixing Bowl & electric mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper or non-stick spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ pound of butter at room temperature
- ½ cup of confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup of sugar for cookie topping
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon for cookie topping
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Slivered almonds
- Turn the oven on to 375 degrees F and let it preheat.
- Put the sugar, confectioners’ sugar and butter into the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to beat the ingredients together.
- While still mixing out the batch, continue to add the eggs one by one. When the eggs are completely mixed out, start adding the baking powder and salt.
- Use the cup and gradually add in the flour until it is completely incorporated with the mixture. Add to this the brandy and almond extract. When these ingredients are done being mixed it should form a dough.
- Use some flour to cover a flat surface about ¼ inch thick and roll out the dough onto it then use the knife to cut out the shape of the cookies. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or you can use non-stick spray, whichever is more convenient to you.
- Place the cookies into the baking sheet. If you wish you can place some of the almonds to the top of the cookie and put it in the oven to bake for about 12 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- When it is finished, take it out the oven and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar then allow the cookies to cool before serving.