Are you feeling creative and want to try something new? Take the challenge and make a spritzer cookie. It’s fun and easy to make and it won’t fall short of taste. This article will be your guide to making these cookies and making an extension to your culinary skills.
- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Cookie press
- Cookie sheet
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2¼ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of how water
- 1tablespoon of almond extract
- 2 tablespoon of milk
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 -5 drops of food coloring
- Some colored sugar
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees and let it preheat.
- Place the sugar and butter into the mixing bowl and cream them out together with the electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- While the electric mixer is still beating the creamed mixture add in the eggs, milk and coloring (if you desire) until all the ingredients incorporate. Then add the remaining ingredients such as the flour, salt, almond extract until everything combines together.
- By now the dough should be formed from the mixture, then fill the cookie press with ¼ inch of dough at a time. You can also use the spritzer gun to press out the shapes onto the cookie sheet. You can also use the colored sugar to sprinkle on the cookies as part of the décor.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven for 6- 9 minutes to bake, during this time the cookie should be monitored so they don’t stay until they get brown.
- Once the cookies are baked, take them out and allow to cool before eating them.