Star cookies are popular during the Christmas season. It is used to represent the stars in the heaven; this is especially seen in the Polish tradition. Whether you see this cookie as a magical representation or simply a tasty treat no one can deny that their fun to make and heightens the joyous mood of the Christmas season.
- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Mixing bowl and electric mixer
- Small sized & medium sized bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of butter
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ¼ cup of milk
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 ounces of softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the butter and sugar into the mixing bowl and use the electric mixer to cream out the ingredients until they are light and fluffy.
- Use the whisk to beat out the egg in a small sized bowl, and then add it to the creamed mixture along with the almond extract.
- Place the flour and baking powder into the medium sized bowl and mix together. Then add it to the creamed mixture along with milk. Make sure it doesn’t get too soft but if so you can let it refrigerate for awhile. This batter should make you about 3 dozen cookies.
- Use the parchment paper to line the baking sheet.
- Then roll out the dough to ¼ inches using the rolling pin and use the star shaped cookie cutter to cut out the cookie star shapes and remove the excess dough from each.
- Place the baking sheet with the cookies into the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cookies become lightly brown around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool and then place them unto the wire rack. The cookies can be dipped into melted chocolate if you desire.